BadF1Stats is back with a special season review post, offering up all the least important and most useless observations from another year of Formula One.
- – The ‘2016 Formula One Season’ was the joint longest in the history of the sport, at 23 characters long.
- – Pastor Maldonado did not have a single crash in F1 this season for the first time since 2010.
- – Haas became the first F1 team called Haas to score points since Haas, which wasn’t Haas.
- – Nico Rosberg became the most successful Formula One driver ever at Baku this year when he increased his tally to one win. This puts him well clear of Takuma Sato, who is joint second on the list with zero wins at Baku.
- – The Malaysian Grand Prix set the outright record for the most shoeys on a single podium, with three. The previous record was two, which was first set by Michael and Ralf Schumacher at the 1998 Italian Grand Prix.
- – Kimi Raikkonen did not finish ahead of Will Stevens in a single Grand Prix this season.
- – Marcus Ericsson became the first Swedish F1 driver to crash into a chicken whilst riding his bicycle.
- – Manor scored more points in the Austrian Grand Prix than Mercedes did in the Spanish Grand Prix.
- – For every time Sebastian Vettel said the words ‘blue flag’ across the season, Esteban Gutierrez ignored one.
- – In Mexico, Max Verstappen became the youngest driver to finish 3rd, 4th and 5th in the same Grand Prix.
- – Every time Daniil Kvyat got demoted to Toro Rosso he set the fastest lap in the next race.
- – Esteban Ocon failed to out-qualify Rio Haryanto all year.
- – Nico Hulkenberg has never managed to win the Le Mans 24 Hours and finish on the podium in an F1 race during the same year.
- – Kevin Magnussen scored more points in the first four races this year than he did throughout the whole of last season.
- – In the Austrian Grand Prix Nico Rosberg failed to turn right for the first time since qualifying for the 2014 Monaco Grand Prix.
- – Fernando Alonso became the first driver to become a meme for sitting in a chair at Interlagos since Fernando Alonso, who became a meme for sitting in a chair at Interlagos.
Follow BadF1Stats on Twitter.