We all love a good stat, and this year – mainly because Sebastian Vettel is winning everything – there’s plenty of them around. Not all stats are good though and we’ve got a brand new feature from the guy behind the brilliant Twitter account BadF1Stats.
Below are ten of the best ‘bad stats’ from Abu Dhabi…
– Massa has now outqualified Alonso 8 times this season but this is not a record for the Brazilian – he outqualified the Spaniard a whopping 16 times in 2002.
– Since the summer break, only one driver has won more Grands Prix than Max Chilton.
– HRT are still yet to race this season, presumably because Lotus haven’t paid them either.
– Max Chilton has now finished all 11 races he’s done this season. He’s expected to complete the Italian Grand Prix at some point this weekend. At this rate he could beat Tiago Monteiro’s record of 16 consecutive finishes as a rookie if he completes the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, which he’s hoping to get done by new year.
– Mark Webber became the first F1 driver to publicly draw a penis since Gerhard Berger sabotaged Ayrton Senna’s passport photo.
– Esteban Gutierrez lost the record of driver with most noticeably large anatomy when Sky Sports reporter Ted Kravitz pointed out Jean-Eric Vergne’s big face.
– Sebastian Vettel has won the last three races.
– Kimi Raikkonen was thrown out of qualifying, had to start from the back and retired on the first lap after contact, gaining zero places. Last year Sebastian Vettel had to start from the pit lane after being thrown out of qualifying but he made it up to 3rd place, gaining 20 places, meaning that he is 20 times better than Kimi Raikkonen.
– Nico Rosberg has now scored more podiums at Abu Dhabi than his father.
– Marussia and Caterham have impressively scored the exact same number of points in every Grand Prix since Bahrain 2010.
You can follow the brilliant BadF1Stats on Twitter!