There were loads of great stats from the Australian Grand Prix – Sebastian Vettel’s winning streaks came to an end and Daniil Kvyat nicked one his records – but as ever we’ve been focusing on the bad ones with the brilliant Bad F1 Stats!
Below are eleven truly terrible stats from Melbourne. Enjoy.
– The lake in the centre of the Albert Park circuit was created after the deluge of rain that caused qualifying to be postponed in 2013.
– Australia was the first race this year where Ferrari ran a red livery.
– F1 cars are quieter this year because there is no longer a need to drown out the sound of Paul Di Resta moaning about everything.
– Max Chilton finished the race with a completely broken car because he sold his soul to Nick Heidfeld in exchange for the ability to finish races under any circumstance.
– The Magnussens have scored points in their last two consecutive Grands Prix.
– This is the second consecutive race where Pastor Maldonado hasn’t accused his team of sabotaging his car, a personal record.
– Daniel Ricciardo was disqualified for exceeding the fuel flow rate because the enormousness of his smile was accidentally sucking in additional fuel.
– All three places on the podium were taken up by turbo powered cars.
– Daniil Kvyat scored more points in this one race than he ever has in Formula One before.
– Teo Fabi ended his run of two consecutive retirements in turbo powered F1 cars.
– The 2014 Australian Grand Prix was the first race to award half points since the 2009 Malaysian Grand Prix.