Las Vegas Could Replace Monza On F1 Calendar Says Bernie Ecclestone

Bernie says ‘Think before you drive’… F1 fans say ‘Think before you keep making stupid decisions.’

In news that once again leaves fans thinking they’re trying to ruin F1 on purpose, Monza could be about to lose its place on the calendar.

During a recent interview with The Mail on Sunday, Bernie Ecclestone revealed that the legendary Italian circuit could be dropped in favour of a new circuit in Las Vegas.

“Monza has got a contract for this year so it is going to go ahead. Next year is the question mark. I don’t think we have to have an Italian Grand Prix,” said Ecclestone. “Somebody once told me a funny thing that you couldn’t have Formula 1 without a race in France but we do. [Las Vegas] have a contract. Vegas would be super.”

I don’t think we have to have an Italian Grand Prix? Not sure Ferrari would agree with you there, Bernie. Remember what Sebastian Vettel had to say last year?

“If you take Monza away from the calendar for any shitty money reasons, you are basically ripping our hearts out.”

Of course, we were going to have a US Grand Prix in New Jersey a while back and look how well that turned out…