Last week, we celebrated our 10th anniversary with a charity event on iRacing – and you guys turned up in droves to show your support, making donations to Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospital in order to either take part in one of of the two races, or to enter a competition to win one of a number of awesome prizes.
The races went brilliantly, with Jack Godden and Alex Robisnon the class winners of the GT race at Silverstone, with Formula 3 driver Enaam Ahmed winning a star-studded F3 event at Laguna Seca which included two-time F1 champion Emerson Fittipaldi.
The donations kept on coming throughout the stream and we smashed through our initial goal of £10,000. In the end, we raised a fantastic £16,208 for the hospital.
10 years of @wtf1official celebration.
Went side by side with @emmofittipaldi through the corkscrew.
£15,500 raised so far for @RBandH.
I’m getting a WTF1 tattoo.
Tom would have loved today. Thank you all so much.https://t.co/UatODZjGhr pic.twitter.com/zz7NNDCZaE
— Tom Bellingham (@TommyWTF1) June 5, 2020
We’ve also got some prize winners to announce, with a huge congratulations to Alexrsgame for winning our grand prize – a Fanatec podium wheel.
Here are the rest of the prize winners – if you see your name on the list, we’ll be in touch to find out where to send your goodies (if we haven’t already!)
- €500 Fanatec voucher – David McConnell
- €300 Fanatec voucher – Ryan Griffith
- €200 Fanatec voucher – Hannah Lysons
- €200 Fanatec voucher – Justin Dmochowski
- €100 Fanatec voucher – Terry Haynes
- €100 Fanatec voucher – Bloth
- Racing Point signed cap – John Nicholas
- Renault signed cap – Charlotte Pook
- Renault signed cap – Andrew Cowgill
- Haas signed cap – Shane Dunn
- Haas signed cap – Sean Sutton
- McLaren Lando Norris signed cap – Aaron Evans
- McLaren Carlos Sainz signed cap – Oliver Tatlow
- Codemasters bundle – Fireproof Creative
- Codemasters bundle – Will Judd
- Codemasters bundle – Toby Loveday
Once again, a massive thank you to everyone who donated, got involved, and watched the stream for a great cause. And thank you for all of your continued support throughout the years – it means a huge amount and we hope we can continue to keep providing you with enjoyable coverage of F1 and motorsport for many years to come.