It’s the last day of competition on the Gran Turismo World Tour, following yesterday’s thrilling Manufacturer Series which saw Toyota romp to the crown.
Today, it’s time to wrap up the Nations Cup. The 12 drivers who made it through the semi-finals will compete over four races, with the person who scores the most points over the four events being crowned the champion. Just as in the Manufacturer series, the final race is worth double points, meaning that everything is likely to hinge on that last event.
The drivers are already carrying some points into the event based on where they finished in the semi-finals, meaning that those who won their heats are already carrying a slight advantage – here’s how things currently stack up:
- Mikail Hizal (Germany) – 6 points
- Cody Latkovski (Australia) – 6 points
- Takuma Miyazono (Japan) – 6 points
- Giorgio Mangano (Italy) – 5 points
- Baptiste Beauvois (France) – 5 points
- Jonathan Wong (Hong Kong) – 5 points
- Rayan Derrouiche (France) – 4 points
- Nicolas Rubilar (Chile) – 4 points
- Patrik Blazsan (Hungary) – 4 points
- Daniel Solis (USA) – 3 points
- Salvatore Maraglino (Italy) – 2 points
- Coque Lopez (Spain) – 1 points
With Igor Fraga shockingly failing to make it to the finals, Hizal has now surely become the slight favourite – although the other 11 drivers might have something to say about that. Buckle up; it’s going to be a dramatic evening…