Do you fancy playing a racing game and being rewarded for how well you do with digital assets that can be converted into real life money?
REVV Racing is an arcade simulation car racing game developed and published by Animoca Brands, and is on the Polygon blockchain.
REVV Racing is the latest addition to REVV Motorsport, which is the ecosystem of all motorsport blockchain games by Animoca Brands, including F1® Delta Time and MotoGP™ Ignition, so you know you’re in safe hands.
All assets in the games within the REVV Motorsport ecosystem are NFTs, allowing players to have true digital ownership over their cars and car parts, trophies, driver equipment, circuit segments and so much more. These game assets are your property, kind of like any physical items you own.
Plus there is an exciting new REVV Racing tournament: the YGG Cup, starting at 8 a.m. (UTC) on 10 September 2021!
The YGG Cup is a 6-day tournament in which you use tries to enter a race consisting of 3 laps. This is a time-attack-style tournament, where the standings on the leaderboard are determined by your fastest total race time.
To compete in the YGG Cup, you need a REVV Racing car NFT, which you might already have from our WTF1 NFT car giveaway, or it can be purchased on OpenSea.
The prize pool for the top 1,000 players consists of US$150,000 worth of YGG and REVV.
And, the top 3 players will also receive a REVV Motorsport NFT Trophy! Find out more here
To get started and enter the tournament, first you need a MetaMask wallet – this is where you’ll store your car NFTs and the tokens that you need to play the game. Watch the video or follow the steps below:
Step 1: Installation
- Head to https://metamask.io (on Google Chrome)
- Click ‘Download’ then “Install Metamask to Chrome”
- Click “Add to Chrome”
- Click “Add Extension” to complete the installation
- The fox should now be in the upper right hand corner of the browser
Step 2: Setup
- Click “Create a Wallet”
- Agree to T’s & C’s
- Enter a password and click “Create”
- IMPORTANT: you will now see the 12 words that make up your backup “secret phrase”
DO NOT LOSE THIS… EVER. There is no “forget secret phrase” function. If you lose the phrase, you will lose access to your wallet forever. There is no way to get back any of your assets stored in the wallet without the secret phrase.
Write it down and store it somewhere SAFE
DO NOT STORE IT AS A PHOTO ON YOUR PHONE OR SHARE IT WITH ANYONE YOU DON’T TRUST: anyone with your secret phrase can get access to your wallet, and hence can steal all assets stored in it
- Confirm and save your secret phrase, now your wallet should be set up
Step 3: Using MetaMask with REVV Racing
- REVV Racing is built on Polygon chain, so you will need to change your MetaMask network over from Etherrum Mainnet to Matic Mainnet when playing. To do so, click on the MetaMask logo in the browser:
- Click on “Ethereum Mainnet”
- Click on “Custom RPC” and fill in the following:
Playing REVV Racing:
You’ll need a REVV Racing NFT car. We did a giveaway of 5000 WTF1 NFT cars recently, so check if you were a winner, or go to REVVRacing.com to see if you can participate in any car earning events, or simply go to Opensea.io to browse cars being sold by other players.
Now let’s go back to REVVRacing.com and get out on track! In the top right corner of the homepage, you need to press the red button to connect your metamask wallet. If you’re not already on Polygon Mainnet, there’ll be a prompt and button for you to switch networks. Then click “Play Now” and you’ll be taken to the event page.
You start with a number of free tries, which allow you to race. Click RACE NOW to head into the garage, where you can see all your cars for this event. Select a car, press RACE NOW and you’ll see a MetaMask popup asking you to pay for transaction fees known as ‘gas’. This gas is paid in MATIC tokens. If you do not own any MATIC, we automatically deposit some into your wallet. Press CONFIRM and wait until the transaction is complete. This will use up one of your tries.
In REVV Racing you have complete control of your car and will need to accelerate, brake and steer. The game can be played with a keyboard or a game controller.
The controls are as follows:
- Keyboard: press “W” to accelerate, “S” to brake and “A” and “D” to steer. Or you can use the up down left right arrow configuration if you prefer. Press “C” to change the camera view, and “Spacebar” to handbrake.
- On a PlayStation game controller: PS – R2 to accelerate, L2 to brake, left thumb stick to steer, and “O” to handbrake.
- On an Xbox controller: RT to accelerate, LT to brake, left thumbstick to steer, and “?” to handbrake
Gameplay is similar to most traditional racing games, where the aim is to be the fastest across the finish line. In this case, each session will consist of a 3-lap run, where your total time is taken – not just your fastest lap – so it pays to not only be fast, but to be consistent as well. Your overall time then gets put up on the leaderboard. At the end of the tournament, the fastest drivers take home the prize.
You’re given a number of free tries to begin with. If you run out of tries, you’ll need to purchase some REVV in order to get some more tries.
There you go, you’re now ready for the Alpha Inaugural Tournament. Remember, the tournament has $150,000 in prizes for the top 1,000 racers… if you finish first, you will walk away with $12,000 in REVV tokens!
The giveaway page is here. (THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED)
Terms and conditions apply and you do have to be over 18 to enter. The giveaway closes at 11pm UK time Sunday 8th August. There is one win maximum per account.
Why are we giving away NFTs?
NFTs are non-fungible tokens, and the best thing about them, especially in gaming, is that you have true digital ownership over your digital assets. This is made possible using blockchain technology, allowing assets to be unique, have rarity and thus have scarcity and value built into it. They are also immutable and fully transparent – so you’re able to prove provenance – meaning the origin of it. If the asset is sold by one person, and bought by another for example, that is all traceable and instills an inherent value within the asset. You could easily take a picture of the car NFT and put it up for sale, but that ultimately has no value. Just like printing a picture of the Mona Lisa and hanging that up on your wall…
If you take Fortnite as an example, you can buy all the skins you want, rare ones, special ones for winning etc. but if the game developer decides to discontinue the game, all your money, assets, and hard work spent in the game are gone in an instant. With NFTs, you own your assets, so you can trade them, gift them, rent them etc. – and if another game developer were to create an experience that is compatible with your particular NFT, then that is added utility to your asset, which then in turn increases it’s value.
Are NFTs bad for the environment?
Bitcoin mining does use a lot of energy, however, most NFTs are built on Ethereum, and while it still uses energy in mining the currency, requires less. Animoca brands are building their games on chains that require much less energy consumption than Bitcoin and Ethereum, and utilizes layer 2 solutions as well as ‘proof of stake’ blockchains, that essentially bundle thousands of transactions into one, before sending it through – making the whole process way more efficient in every way.
What is REVV?
REVV is the Motorsport Utility Token on Blockchain. It is a cross-title game token that allows players to purchase services, trade, and play in blockchain games based on leading motorsport brands. It is the medium of exchange and utility token within the REVV ecosystem.
What do I need to enter the giveaway?
You only need a Metamask crypto wallet to enter the giveaway, you do not need to purchase any cryptocurrency.
Are there any restrictions?
You must be over 18 to play on the game and use the crypto wallet. The giveaway is open worldwide, but is void where prohibited by law. Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
What do I need to start playing on REVV Racing?
To play on REVV Racing you need a Revv Racing car NFT. You can either enter our giveaway to win one of 5000 WTF1 cars we’re giving away, or you can purchase a car separately by setting up a crypto wallet, and using the REVV token to purchase an NFT car.
Terms and Conditions:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of WTF1 – Launch Event is REVV Motorsport
- Eligibility: WTF1 – Launch Event (the “event”) is only open to those who sign up at https://gleam.io/fIqej/wtf1. Event is open worldwide, and is void where prohibited by law. Event is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By entering the event, the contestant (“You”) agree to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the Sponsor’s decisions as final and binding as it relates to the content of this campaign. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments or issues related to the event.
- Entry Period: The event begins on 2nd August, 2021 at 02:00 PM UTC and ends on 08 August, 2021 at 10:00 PM UTC (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
- How to Enter: The event must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://gleam.io/fIqej/wtf1. The entry must fulfil all requirements of the event, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications of the event may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules of the event, your submission may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Prizes: The winner(s) of the event (the “Winner”) will receive the following prizes:
Up to 5000 winner(s) will receive REVV Racing NFT
- Actual/appraised value of prizes may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except for at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non transferable. Substitution of the prize or transfer/assignment of the prize to others or request for the cash equivalent of the prize by the Winner is not permitted. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The Winner will be selected at random under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Winner will be notified within 7 days of the winner selection via social media announcement. The Sponsor shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot receive the prize due to incorrect information entered,, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt of the prize offered in this Campaign by the Winner is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by the Winner at the Sponsor’s sole discretion will result in the Winner’s disqualification as winner, and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated.
- Rights Granted by the Entrant: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Sponsor and anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor or its respective licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless REVV Motorsport from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which REVV Motorsport may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms and Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the event should virus, bug, non-authorised human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the event. In such cases, the Sponsor may select a winner(s) from eligible entries received before and/or after the action taken by the Sponsor if appropriate. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the event or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the event, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by event rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the event may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering the event you agree to release and hold harmless REVV Motorsport and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the event and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the event; (iii) electronic or human error in the administration of the event or the processing of entries; (iv) technical errors of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (v) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (vi) printing errors; (vii) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail.
- Disputes: This event is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. By participating in this Campaign, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the United Kingdom having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the event). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: This will be shared on social media and also available upon request.
- The event is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn or any other social networks that are used to share the event. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of the event and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn or any other social networks.
- Acceptance of Rules: By participating in the event, You have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules, Terms and Conditions.
- Winners will be announced in social media and cars will be dropped to the wallets provided. If a wrong or unsuitable wallet is provided, the user is not eligible to receive the prize.
- Minimum age to enter is 18 years.